Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Hell In a Bucket|
|Wang Dang Doodle|
|Ramble On Rose|
|Let It Grow|
|Playin' In the Band >|
|Eyes of the World >|
|Estimated Prophet >|
|He's Gone >|
|Spanish Jam >|
|The Other One >|
|Wharf Rat >|
|I Fought the Law|
- Thanks go to everyone who worked on and made available the sources used in this matrix. Obviously, this project would have been impossible without their prior efforts.
- Both sets are seamless.
- It's all about the second set with this one. Gotta love the "Eyes." Real laid back. And the "Other One." Not laid back at all.
This matrix was extremely difficult to make. The soundboard source is riddled with serious problems. First, it's slow. Second, the speed fluctuates throughout both sets. Finally, in a number of places the audio jumps *back* and repeats the same section. These jumps can be small: after "Hell In a Bucket," the source repeats a single second. Or they can be more substantial: during "Brown-Eyed Women," the source repeats about 42 seconds of the guitar solo; and during "Drums," the source repeats about a minute (an extremely difficult-to-locate minute, I might add).
All of this means that I had to put *a lot* of work into this matrix, in particular in trying to sync the SBD source with the AUD sources. (Both of the AUD sources were virtually identical, speed-wise.) The result is far from perfect, but it's the best I can do at present.
Despite my many hours of fine-tuning, the speed-fluctation in the SBD source is still audible, especially if you listen for it. I urge you *not* to listen for it.
- The sources were remastered and mixed in Logic Pro 9. Final mastering and clean-up was done in iZotope RX 2 Advanced. The sets were split in WaveLab LE 7. SBE's were fixed using Trader's Little Helper.
- The SBD source was split into numerous sub-sections, each of which was speed- and pitch-corrected individually using the iZotope Radius alogithim (via Adobe Audition). The corrections range from +0.11% to +0.37%. Much further fine-tune syncing was done in Logic Pro 9.
- The SBD source is missing approximately 10 seconds of "Space."
- A few digital artifacts remain. They proved resistant to my considerable charms. Nothing too bad, though. The vast majority of the little 'pops' you might notice are actually clapping (from the Sobel source).
- I ran Set 2 of the Pujol source through iZotope RX's Declip function prior to remastering it.
- I resampled the Sobel source from 48kHz to 44.1kHz using iZotope RX.
September 6, 2013